1. Spark plug maintenance
Spark plug is a key component of motorcycle engine. The normal combustion of the mixture is the key to the normal operation of the engine. First of all, the spark plug model used by each engine is different, mainly in terms of calorific value, thread size, etc., so you must use the specified model spark plug (refer to the instruction manual for details). The engine burns normally. Unscrew the spark plug and observe. The electrode should be ocher red normally. If it turns black, there is carbon deposits, indicating that the mixture is too rich and the combustion is not sufficient. The carbon deposits should be cleaned up. Use a sharp cone to clean the carbon deposits on the central electrode groove and the L pole; adjust the spark plug gap: GS125 (0.6-0.9mm), QS150T (0.7-0.8mm), carbon deposits on the spark plug will prevent good sparks and may cause breakage Fire; if you find that the spark plug is prone to damp or burns gray, it means that the heat value of the spark plug does not match, and you should go to the designated repair shop of Qingqi Suzuki to replace a suitable spark plug. (A new spark plug can be prepared for standby).
1) Determine the thread size and plug rod length. If the plug rod is too short, it will cause carbon deposits on the threaded part of the plug hole and damage the engine.
2) Before using the spark plug wrench, you can carefully screw the spark plug into the threaded part of the cylinder head by hand to prevent damage.
3). Tighten the spark plug to the specified tightening torque with the spark plug sleeve of the special vehicle-mounted tool.
2. Maintenance of air filter
The air filter is the breathing system of a motorcycle. If the air filter is blocked by dust, the air intake resistance will increase, which will reduce the engine output power, increase fuel consumption, and make the engine difficult to start and easy to stall. The serious thing is that the dust enters the cylinder block and will increase the wear of engine components. . To clean the air filter, follow the steps below:
1). Remove the air filter element from the car;
2) If the filter element is sponge foam, it can be cleaned carefully with neutral detergent, do not twist it forcefully, dry the water after cleaning, drop 2-3 drops of engine oil (in order to absorb very fine dust in the air), and hold it with your hands. Reinstall it as it is; if it is a paper filter element, it must not be cleaned with liquid, but the internal dust can be knocked out. If possible, use compressed gas to blow in the opposite direction of the air intake (do not reverse it, otherwise the dust will be blown into the paper core pore The Lieutenant General’s blockage is more serious); Example: QS150T paper core blows from the inside to the outside, and Prince Storm blows from the outer ring to the middle hole.
3) Pay attention to the installation direction and air intake direction when installing the filter element;
4) When driving in a dusty and dirty environment, increase the cleaning frequency. If the sponge is broken or the paper filter element is soaked, replace it with a new one immediately, otherwise it will damage the engine or emit black smoke.
3. Maintenance of oil filter element
Most users know that the oil should be changed on time, but there is a principle to master:
During the running-in period (0-1200Km), the new car only needs to change the oil at the end of the running-in period, which is 1200 kilometers, and does not need to be replaced at 300, 500, or 800 kilometers. Because the factory adds valuable running-in additives when the engine leaves the factory, premature replacement will cause unnecessary waste. After the running-in period, the oil should be changed every 2000-3000 kilometers, and the user can control it by himself.
However, if the new oil is replaced, the filter element cannot be replaced. During the lubrication process of the engine, the oil pump sucks the oil out of the bottom groove, first presses it into the oil filter element to filter, and then transports the filtered clean oil to the cylinder head, crankshaft and transmission parts. If the filter element is too dirty, the filtering effect of the oil will be poor, the output of the oil will be reduced, and the parts will not get good lubrication, which will cause excessive
Note: There is a small O-ring inside the filter element. Make sure to install it with the hole in the end; the filter element cover has a large O-ring and a compression spring, and tighten it after confirmation.